Attendees will enjoy two plant tours in one day at ZF Industries. Plant 1: Initially producing 5 speed manual transmissions, this plant has evolved into a production site for 3 of ZF's divisions. They produce axle drives & steering components for the passenger car industry and suspension & steering components for the heavy commercial vehicle industry. Plant 2: This facility was designed to produce gear boxes for wind turbines and in 2013, the production of axles and transmissions for the construction industry and the axle assembly for the bus and coach industry and the assembly of gearboxes for the rail industry was introduced. Attendees will see production systems, precision machining centers, assembly lines using lean principles, lean logistics utilizing self-driven tugger trains, and environmental considerations designed into the building footprint.
- 7:30 - 8:00am Registration, Refreshments, Networking
- 8:30 - 8:45 am Corporate Presentation & Safety Briefing
- 8:45 - 10:00 am Tour of Plant 1
- 10:00 - 10:15am Carpool to Plant 2
- 10:15 - 11:30 Tour of Plant 2
- 11:30 - 11:45 Wrap up and Q & A
- Long Pants and Closed Toe Shoes. NO HIGH HEELS.
- Press is allowed -- please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.