ViaSat Plant Tour - Duluth
GMA MEMBERS ONLY
Viasat designs and manufactures antenna systems that lead several satellite communication markets. Worldwide installations include over 100 gateway systems for the most advanced satellite communication networks in the world. These gateways tie broadband satellite networks into high-speed fiber that forms the internet backbone. They build complete antenna systems "from RF to bits" including:
In the manufacturing operations building, visitors will see:
- Large steel hubs being fitted with RF components and being wired for operation
- Large steel and aluminium subassemblies being prepared for outside system assembly
- Overhead cranes for moving and lifting heavy metal subassemblies
- An anechoic chamber for testing high-frequency feeds and transmitters
- Precision electro-mechanical assembly operations (mostly large antenna feeds and airframe-mounted antennas)
- Reflector panel assembly
- Vibration and temperature testing centers.
Outside in the antenna farm, visitors will see:
- Antennas for tracking geosynchronous satellites
- Full-motion antennas for tracking LEO (Low Earth Orbit) and MEO (Medium Earth Orbit) satellites.
- Control room for conducting Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) under customer observation.
- 9:00 – 9:30 am Registration, Refreshments, and Networking
- 9:30 – 9:45 am Corporate Presentation and Safety Briefing
- 9:45 – 10:45 am Plant Tour
- 10:45 – 11:15 am Wrap up and Summary
Attendance is limited to 2 PEOPLE per company.
NO PHOTOS ALLOWED!
GMA MEMBERS ONLY - U.S. Citizens ONLY - Photo ID is Required
CLOSED TOED/FLAT BOTTOM SHOES ARE MANDATORY. No High Heels! This will be an indoor/outdoor tour. Please dress accordingly.