Join APICS Atlanta, Women in Manufacturing, and the Georgia Manufacturing Alliance as we conduct a Day of Service at the Veterans Empowerment Organization of Atlanta on August 18th. We'll help clean up the campus and then host a lunch picnic.
Since 2008, Veterans Empowerment Organization (VEO) has provided unconditional immediate supportive housing, specialized social services, job training and placement to over 4,000 underserved veterans and their families throughout Georgia. See a few of the success stories here.
How will our Day of Service work? Here's a simple, general (subject-to-change) agenda.
- 8am - Arrival, welcome and team/task organization
- 8:30am - We get to work cleaning up the VEO campus
- 11:30am - Picnic for volunteers and VEO team begins
- 1pm - Adjourn
What do we need? How can you help?
- Register today and join us!
- Bring friends, familiy members, network colleagues
- Make sure everyone registers (so we'll have an accurate food count for the picnic)
- Bring supplies that you can donate to VEO: paper products, school supplies, bed sheets, wash clothes, towels, bottled water, etc.
- Volunteer to serve as a Task Leader (leading groups of volunteers on certain tasks on VEO campus during the Day of Service)
- We welcome sponsors for the event. All funds will be used for the Day of Service OR for needed supplies for VEO.