Kia Plant Tour - West Point (Afternoon) June-21 - 2022
KIA Motors ManufacturingVisitors Center - Main Gate 2 7777 KIA Parkway
West Point, GA 31833
TOUR AVAILABLE TO GMA MEMBERS ONLY!
If you are a manufacturer and have never been to a GMA event, please call our office for a complimentary ticket -- limited quantities available. 770-338-0051
This facility is the only Kia manufacturing plant in the United States and the only automaker in Georgia. With an annual capacity of more than 340,000 vehicles, Kia Georgia is home of the Telluride CUV, Sorento CUV, Sportage, and the K5 midsize sedan, some of the brand’s top-selling models in the United States. This advanced manufacturing facility represents a $1.8 billion investment on a 2,200 acre site and employs 3,000 full-time employees.
Kia Georgia has produced more than 2.7 million vehicles since they began mass production in November 2009. Tour attendees will see the entire manufacturing process -- from rolled metal all the way to the finished product using high-tech stamping, weld shop advanced robotics, and highly automated assembly processes to produce the finished vehicle. They produce a vehicle every 53 seconds utilizing three full shifts operating at the plant 24 hours a day/five days per week.
1:00 - 1:30 pm Registration and Networking (Visitor Center - enter the Main Gate 2)
1:30 - 1:45 pm Kia Welcome and Safety Briefing
1:45 - 2:45 pm Plant Tour
2:45 - 3:30 pm Wrap Up and Summary
• All visitors must be at least 13 years old
• Maximum of two people per company allowed to attend
• Tobacco products are strictly prohibited at Kia Georgia
• Firearms are prohibited on-site at Kia Georgia
• Photography is prohibited inside Kia Georgia's plant
• All tours are subject to cancellation with little or no notice depending on Kia Georgia's production schedule
• All visitors must have on long pants and enclosed toe shoes. Anyone who does not comply will likely not be able to participate in the tour.
• Please take note of weather conditions on the day of the tour. While we do anticipate this tour being conducted on a tram and most of it will be inside, there will be a portion that is outside and you may want to dress with that thought in mind (raincoat, etc.).